Location: Colombia, Providencia and Santa Catalina Departments
Event: Tropical Storm Iota is expected to enter near Providencia and Santa Catalina between Sunday and Monday. There is a risk of strong winds, heavy rainfall, and flooding, particularly in the San Andres region.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates;
- Monitor alerts from the Colombian Institute of Hydrology, Meteorology, and Environmental Studies (IDEAM);
- Seek secure shelter if traveling in the affected region.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter