Some applicants do not need to have biometrics retaken at the Applicant Service Center (ASC) or appear at the Embassy to obtain their visas. Applicants under the age of 14 or are aged 80 or over may submit their documents via DHL to the Applicant Service Center (ASC).
It may take up to three (3) weeks to receive your visa through the Interview Waiver program. If you need your visa more quickly, please schedule an interview through the regular process.
Although most of renewals do not need an interview or fingerprint verification, the Consular Officer may request a regular interview or verification of fingerprints. The following are some reasons why your visa application may not qualify as Renewal process / Interview Waivers :
- Different biographic data (name, date of birth, etc.) from last visa.
- Previous visa was granted in another country.
- Previous visa expired more than 12 months ago.
- Previous visa was granted for less than full validity.
- Previous visa was lost or stolen.
- Previous visa has a clearance annotation.
- When applicant is under 14 years old and parents do not have a valid US visa.
- Dual nationality.
- If you are currently 14 years old (or more) and you were exempted of taking fingerprints on your previous visa application.
If any of the aforementioned reasons apply to you, you will require regular processing (interview) to request a visa. For more information please click here.
If you were renewing visa and require Administrative Processing, you will need an interview in person once the process is concluded. An Embassy representative will contact you to schedule an appointment. For more information about Administrative Processes click here.
If you qualify for an interview waiver, please do not include your old passport with your application package.
Interview Waiver requirements
- Minor children: Must be under the age of 14 (0-13) and one of child’s two parents must have a valid visa. An applicant with a parent who is a U.S. permanent resident or a U.S. citizen does not qualify for this program.
- Persons aged 80 and over are not required to interview.
- Must reside in Colombia.
- Must be applying for a Tourist/Business B1/B2 Visa and prior visa must have been a B1/B2 visa.
- If the applicant has ever been refused a U.S. visa, must have been subsequently issued a visa.