Please review the following in detail before beginning your application. Failure to follow these instructions exactly may result in cancellation of your visa interview or a denial of your visa.
- Complete a new DS-160. Instructions for the DS-160, the Non-Immigrant Visa Application, can be found at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ Once this form is submitted, print the confirmation page that includes the barcode. You must bring this form with you for the next two appointment dates described below.
- Pay an MRV fee ($315) for each applicant, including any dependents. Instructions on how to pay the MRV fee in Colombia can be found at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-co/niv To ensure that family groups receive the same appointment dates, all members must be registered under the same payment pin.
- Schedule appointments for your biometric collection and consular interview at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-co/niv Please note that appointments are only available on Wednesdays and the biometric and interview appointments must be scheduled exactly one week apart.
- Attend the biometric appointment at the Applicant Service Center (ASC) located at Ac. 26 # 92-32 Connecta – Gold 4 –Primer piso lado Occidental, Bogotá. This appointment will be in the morning.
- After the biometric appointment, only the primary applicant must proceed to the Embassy at 2:00 p.m. on the same day, to drop off the complete E visa application. The application must include all required tabs and may not exceed 125 single-sided pages. A description of the required tabs can be found here: (See PDF File for E-1 & E-2) If the applicant fails to appear for the drop-off appointment, or submits an incomplete or non-conforming application, the interview appointment will be cancelled, and the applicant will be forced to reschedule for the next available appointment date.
- Attend the consular interview at the U.S. Embassy in Bogota. This will be one week after the biometrics appointment. At the time of your interview, you will be interviewed by a consular officer who will determine your eligibility for the visa. Note that only evidence submitted at the drop-off appointment will be considered by the consular officer. Applicants may not supplement their application with additional documents on the day of the interview.
For any inquiries on E visas, please contact BogotaInversionistas@state.gov and include the following information in the subject line: Surname, Given Name, Company’s name.