Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken will lead the U.S. delegation to the U.S.-Colombia High-Level Partnership Dialogue and the Steering Committee for the U.S.-Colombia Action Plan on Racial and Ethnic Equality, and join the High-Level Strategic Security Dialogue led by Deputy National Security Advisor Avril Haines, during his April 27-28 travel to Bogota, Colombia.
This will be the fifth round of the High-Level Partnership Dialogue. Delegations from the two countries will hold five working group discussions focused on expanding cooperation in the areas of democracy, human rights and good governance; energy; social and economic opportunities; environmental protection and climate change; and culture, education, and sports.
This will be the fourth official High-Level Strategic Security Dialogue. Delegates will discuss joint efforts to promote regional security, post-conflict security strategies in Colombia, and how Colombia can support international security efforts.
This will be the third Steering Committee meeting for the bilateral Action Plan on Racial and Ethnic Equality. High level participants from the United States and Colombia will discuss how the two countries are working to advance racial and ethnic equality through economic empowerment, education, and sports and cultural diplomacy.
Deputy Secretary Blinken will be joined by:
- Under Secretary of State for Civilian Security, Democracy and Human Rights, Sarah Sewall
- U.S. Agency for International Development Associate Administrator Mark Feierstein
- Principal Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Brian McKeon
- Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs Evan Ryan
- Acting Assistant Secretary for Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs Judith Garber
- Acting Assistant Administrator for USAID/Bureau of Latin America and the Caribbean Beth Hogan
- Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Economic and Business Affairs Kurt Tong
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Alex Lee
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Western Hemisphere Affairs Gonzalo Gallegos
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Transformation, Bureau of Energy Resources Robert Ichord
- Department of State Deputy Special Envoy for Climate Change Trigg Talley