Event: The U.S. Embassy is monitoring reports of a protest occurring at Universidad Distrital Francisco Jose de Caldas. The northbound lane of Circunvalar is currently closed with reports of protestors clashing with police.
The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid areas around demonstrations whenever possible and exercise caution when in the vicinity of large gatherings as even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to turn violent without any warning.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area where the incident took place.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise vigilance.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
U.S. Embassy in Colombia – U.S. Embassy in Colombia (usembassy.gov)
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter