Event: The Embassy is monitoring reports of confrontations between student protestors and police at National Pedagogical University at the intersection of Calle 72 and Carrera 11. The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid the areas around demonstrations, protests, marches.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise vigilance.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Plan for alternative travel routes.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia Tel. +57-1-275-2000 or 601-275-2000 firstname.lastname@example.org https://co.usembassy.gov/
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter