Event: Evacuation Flight on Monday, March 30
The U.S. Embassy, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, has organized an evacuation flight for U.S. citizens from El Dorado Airport in Bogota to Atlanta, GA. U.S. Legal Permanent Residents traveling with a U.S. citizen family member (spouse or child) will also be allowed to board. The flight will depart Bogota at noon, on Monday, March 30. The flight is operated by the U.S. Government, and passengers will be required to reimburse the cost of their flight.
To register your interest in traveling on this flight, fill out this form (http://tinyurl.com/BGTRepat) as soon as possible. Frequently Asked Questions about this evacuation are available here (https://co.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/evacuation-faqs/). You will be contacted by phone or email if there is a seat available. Please do not call the U.S. Embassy to place your name on the list for this evacuation flight unless you have no other way to access the webpage to complete the form. Flight departure time and destination within the United States are subject to change without notice.
- Travelers will complete a health check prior to boarding and anyone with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to board.
- If you are confirmed for the flight you will receive written notification. Due to the nationwide quarantine, print this to carry with you to travel to the airport to present to authorities.
- Onward travel from Atlanta, Georgia, is the responsibility of the traveler.
- Each passenger will be allowed two pieces of luggage, not to exceed 80 pounds (36kg) total. Carry-on luggage is not allowed.
- Pets, with the exception of service animals, will not be allowed.
- Normal services at El Dorado Airport are closed, and the flight includes no meal or beverage service.
Continue to monitor the Embassy website and social media accounts for any updates. Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at step.state.gov to receive email updates from the Embassy.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter