Event: Humanitarian Flight to Fort Lauderdale on April 2 Operated by Spirit Airlines.
Usted puede encontrar la versión en español de este mensaje aquí.
The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce that Spirit Airlines will operate a humanitarian flight from Bogota, Colombia on April 2, 2020. The flight will depart from El Dorado International Airport (BOG) at 2:30pm and arrive at Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It has been made available to allow U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents to return to the United States. Please contact Spirit Airlines directly for seat availability, reservations, and pricing information.
If you purchase a ticket on this flight, and encounter difficulties traveling to El Dorado airport from your location, please contact us at ColombiaEvac@state.gov or (57) 1 275-2000. We have received reports that taxis and bus companies continue to operate, albeit at reduced and limited schedules. If you believe you will have difficulty reaching the airport due to travel restrictions, please provide us with your travel information (name, date of birth, passport number, and contact details).
Flight Number: NK #6399
Departure time: 2:30pm
Destination: Fort Lauderdale
Date: April 2
Due to current travel guidelines in the United States, persons who have been in China, Iran, or certain European countries within 14 days prior to the flight will not be allowed to board this flight. For more information, please click here.
Onward connections from Fort Lauderdale, Florida are available.
Travelers will complete a health check prior to boarding and anyone with a fever or flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to enter the airport.
Only support animals registered 48 hours in advance in full compliance with Spirit’s normal policy for support animals will be permitted. For more information, refer to Spirit Airlines support animal policy.
Normal services (food service, water fountains, etc.) at El Dorado Airport are closed.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter