Location: San Andres and Providencia
Event: Seats available on humanitarian flight operated by French Embassy
The U.S. Embassy is aware of the availability of a humanitarian flight organized by the French Embassy from San Andres/Providencia to Bogotá on or about May 1. French officials have offered a very limited number of seats to U.S. citizens seeking to return to the mainland in order to catch future humanitarian flights, which must be booked separately.
Flight costs would be a minimum of approximately 1,300,000 COL pesos per passenger, if the plane flies at capacity. The fare will be higher if they do not fill all available seats. This flight includes a stop in Providencial.
If you are interested in this charter, please let us know as soon as possible by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Full name, date of birth, and passport number for each passenger
- Mobile/whatsapp number, including country code
- Email address
We will pass your information to officials coordinating the charter. The U.S. government cannot guarantee availability of seats or acceptance of passengers.
If you are interested in returning to the United States, please take advantage of these flights. The U.S. government cannot guarantee the ability to arrange flights indefinitely. U.S. citizens should return immediately to the United States, unless you are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
If you purchase a ticket on a flight, and encounter difficulties traveling to the airport from your location, please contact us at ColombiaEvac@state.gov or (57) 1 275-2000.
Due to current travel guidelines in the United States, persons who have been in China, Iran, or certain European countries within 14 days prior to the flight will not be allowed to board this flight. For more information, please click here.
Onward connections from Fort Lauderdale, Florida are available.
Only support animals registered 48 hours in advance in full compliance with Spirit’s normal policy for support animals will be permitted. For more information, refer to Spirit Airlines support animal policy.
Normal services (food service, water fountains, etc.) at airports are closed.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter