Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Bogota
On March 6, the Colombian Ministry of Health announced a confirmed case of COVID-19 in Colombia.
The Colombian government has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including for travelers coming from the United States. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Colombian Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla