Event: Updated Vaccination/Testing Requirements to Enter Colombia by Sea
Colombia’s Ministry of Health announced on January 28, 2022, effective as of February 1, updated entry requirements for all travelers age 18 years and older arriving to Colombia by sea from cruise ships.
Resolution 0111 states that international travelers entering Colombia from a cruise ship must present a negative antigen test taken within 48 hours prior to boarding or a PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to boarding.
Resolution 0111 also exempts cargo aircraft crew members from the vaccination proof requirement if a negative antigen test was taken within 48 hours prior to boarding or a PCR test was taken within 72 hours prior to boarding. In addition, crew members must be completely isolated from other passengers and crew during their time at the airport and remain isolated at the hotel.
Other entry requirements remain unchanged.
Travelers age 18 years and over who enter the country by sea through cruise ships or by air, regardless of the time they stay in Colombia, must present their COVID-19 vaccination certificate or card with at least one vaccine dose or a complete vaccination scheme. For further details about general entry requirements, including COVID-19 vaccination requirements, visit U.S. Embassy Bogota’s page here.
A copy of the Ministry of Health’s Resolution 0111 is available at:
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the Colombian Health Ministry website for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check COVID-19 Country Specific Information pages for updated information on COVID-19 related to the availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Click here for the Travel to the U.S. FAQs.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
Tel. +57-1-275-2000 or 601-275-2000
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter