Event: COVID-19 Health Update and Status of U.S. Passport Applications
COVID-19 Health Update: There are 1,579 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Colombia. Please check https://co.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for updates on the status of entry-exit information, quarantine, and important links regarding COVID-19 resources in Colombia. The Government of Colombia has extended the national quarantine to shelter-in-place to April 27. As of March 23, international flights will remain grounded for a period of 30 days.
Status of Passport Applications: Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, on March 20, 2020, the U.S Department of State began limiting its passport operations. Effective April 2, we have further limited our ability to offer routine passport and citizenship services overseas. U.S. citizens in Colombia who require an emergency passport for an adult or minor should review our passport requirements at https://co.usembassy.gov/passports/ and then contact us at email@example.com or via telephone at +57-1-275-2000. If you have requested but not received your Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), an emergency passport may be issued in certain circumstances.
If you have previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport and your citizenship evidence documents. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check on the status of your passport or citizenship document such as a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Please consider waiting to apply until we resume normal operations. Once appointments are available, they will be available on our website at: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=BGT&appcode=1
We encourage you to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest updates on repatriation flights, as well as the days and hours of American Citizen Services and possible evacuation plans.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter