Event: COVID-19 Update and Quarantine Restrictions
COVID-19 Health Update and Quarantine Restrictions: According to the Colombian Ministry of Health, there are 5,597 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Colombia as of April 27. As per our April 21st message, isolation measures in Colombia continue through May 11.
On April 24, President Duque issued Decree 593, which provides guidance on complying with the preventative isolation measures now in effect countrywide through May 11. Effective April 27, the decree provides for:
- Opening of economic activities in certain sectors, including infrastructure and manufacturing,
- Allowances of one hour per day of exercise/physical activity for those between 18-60 years of age during hours prescribed by municipal governments,
- Public parking lots are reopened.
Please review the Presidential decree carefully to ensure you are informed. Note that governors and mayors may impose additional measures; particular questions should be directed to local authorities.
Per our prior messages, international flights remain grounded through the end of May with the exception of cargo and humanitarian flights as defined by the Colombian government. Flights within Colombia remain restricted to those responding to health, public order, state operation, or humanitarian circumstances. Ground travel between municipalities within Colombia remains heavily restricted. Mass transportation systems are operating within strict protocols with an occupancy of no more than 35 percent capacity.
For additional information as well as updates on actions taken by the Government of Colombia regarding COVID-19, please see https://coronaviruscolombia.gov.co/Covid19/index.html. For updates on the status of entry-exit information, quarantine, and important links regarding COVID-19 resources in Colombia, refer to https://co.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/resources-covid19/.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter