Event: COVID-19 Quarantine Update and Extension
COVID-19 Quarantine Update and Extension: According to the Colombian Ministry of Health, as of June 24 there are 77,113 cases of COVID-19 in Colombia. On June 23, President Duque announced the extension of isolation measures in the country to July 15 but stated that the gradual reopening of the economy will continue contingent upon on department and mayoral guidelines. For the President’s full announcement, visit the Presidency website.
As we have noted previously, during the isolation measures travelers ARE permitted to go to the airport and take humanitarian flights out of Colombia if flights are available. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to change with little or no advance notice. If you are interested in returning to the United States, please take advantage of the humanitarian flights announced through the STEP program. Visit the website of the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Colombia’s Coronavirus Information Page for additional information on these new measures and to register your contact and travel information.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter