Event: COVID-19 Quarantine Update and Extension to August 30
COVID-19 Quarantine Update and Extension: On Tuesday, July 28, President Duque announced the extension of the isolation measures in Colombia until August 30. As of July 28, there are 267,385 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Colombia according to the Colombian Ministry of Health. For the President’s full announcement, visit the Presidency website.
For additional information on restrictions by department please visit our resource webpage.
Travel for Humanitarian Flights: During the isolation measures travelers ARE permitted to go to the airport to take humanitarian flights out of Colombia if flights are available. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to change with little or no advance notice. If you are interested in returning to the United States, please take advantage of the humanitarian flights announced through the STEP program. The U.S. government cannot guarantee the ability to arrange flights indefinitely. U.S. citizens should return immediately to the United States unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
Visit the website of the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Colombia’s Coronavirus Information Page for additional information on national measures and to register your contact and travel information.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-1
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter