Event: COVID-19 Quarantine Update
COVID-19 Quarantine Update: As of May 28, the Colombian Ministry of Health has reported 24,104 cases of COVID-19, with 803 deaths.
President Duque has announced that Colombia will loosen isolation measures in Colombia as of June 1. The National Government decree includes orders which include:
People over 70 years old will remain in preventive isolation until August 31, but will be able to go outside three times a week for 30 minutes;
Those with pre-existing medical conditions such as lung conditions and hypertension should remain in isolation but can also go out three times a week for 30 minutes;
Children from 2 to 5 years old will be able to go outside three times a week for 30 minutes a day;
Children from 6 and 17 years old will be able to go outside three times a week for one hour a day;
Those aged 18 to 69 years old can go outside every day for two hours;
Kindergartens, schools, and universities will continue to operate virtually in the month of June;
- Note: Specific regulations by city will be determined and announced by municipal governments.
For further information on these measures, please visit the Presidency website.Please contact your local authorities with questions regarding regulations in the area where you reside, as they may vary by department and city.
Per the Minister of Transport, international flights remain suspended through August 31. As we have noted previously, those under quarantine ARE permitted to go to the airport and take humanitarian flights out of Colombia if flights are available. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to change with little or no advance notice. If you are interested in returning to the United States, please take advantage of the humanitarian flights announced through the STEP program. The U.S. government cannot guarantee the ability to arrange flights indefinitely. U.S. citizens should return immediately to the United States unless you are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
Visit the website of the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Colombia’s Coronavirus Information Page for additional information on these new measures and to register your contact and travel information.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter