Event: Bogota COVID-19 Quarantine Update
Bogota COVID-19 Quarantine Update: According to the Bogota Mayor’s office, as of June 30 there are 30,017 cases of COVID-19 in Bogota. Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds in the city have reportedly exceeded 72 percent occupancy. The mayor’s office placed new neighborhoods in orange alert effective June 30.
Orange Alert / Special Care Zone Regulations: The Office of the Mayor has placed new neighborhoods under Orange Alert. Additional neighborhoods in Kennedy, Bosa, and Ciudad Bolívar will enter orange alert beginning June 30 and ending July 14, view the complete list of neighborhoods here. U.S. citizens residing in a zone of special care, or “orange zone,” should review rules from the Mayor’s Office regarding compliance with the new orange alert regulations. Measures include:
- Only one person per household may leave the home for essential activities, such as grocery shopping or to purchase medicine;
- Mandatory use of face masks and two meters of physical distance from others;
- No outdoor exercise for adults or children;
- Limits on pet relief excursions;
- Deliveries are permitted, but only from within your area of residence;
- Enhanced monitoring by police and health teams.
Travel for Humanitarian Flights: During the isolation measures travelers ARE permitted to go to the airport and take humanitarian flights out of Colombia if flights are available. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to change with little or no advance notice. If you are interested in returning to the United States, please take advantage of the humanitarian flights announced through the STEP program. The U.S. government cannot guarantee the ability to arrange flights indefinitely. U.S. citizens should return immediately to the United States unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
Visit the website of the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Colombia’s Coronavirus Information Page for additional information on these new measures and to register your contact and travel information.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter