Social Security beneficiaries in Colombia have the option to obtain their benefits through direct deposit. The Direct Deposit Program is the mechanism by which your payments are electronically transferred to your bank account. It is the most convenient and fastest mode of payment because you will not depend on the courier service to receive your benefits.
Direct Deposit Options if you reside in Colombia
- Direct Deposit to a U.S. Bank Account – You will need to supply the U.S. account information to the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Please provide your U.S. Bank information by using the online form
- Direct Deposit to your Bancolombia account – For instructions on how to enroll, please click here (PDF 345KB)
Take the following to any Bancolombia office:
- Direct Deposit Sign-up form (SF-1199)(PDF 41KB)
- Your Social Security card
- Benefit’s check or photocopy of one
- Any communication/letter from the Social Security Administration or Veterans Affairs.
Open a savings account or ask to use an existing account (the bank MUST enroll your account in the agreement between US retirement beneficiaries and Bancolombia).
Leave the form SF-1199 duly completed and signed with the bank officer.
IF THE BANK OFFICER HAS ANY QUESTIONS, ASK HIM TO CONTACT BANCOLOMBIA HQ IN MEDELLIN AT (4) 404-1825
This process may take up to 60 days to be completed. While the direct deposit form is in process, the SSA will continue to pay your benefits in the form you’re currently receiving them.
3. Direct Express – www.usdirectexpress.com (Frequently Asked Questions about the Direct Express Program: https://fiscal.treasury.gov/GoDirect/about-faq/index.html)