Location: Bogota, Colombia
Event: Demonstrations throughout Colombia on Thursday, September 10, 2020
The U.S. Embassy has received reports of demonstrations planned for the afternoon and evening of September 10 in Bogotá, Cali, Medellin, Neiva, Barranquilla, Cucuta, and other municipalities
U.S. citizens in areas near these demonstrations may encounter traffic disturbances, large crowds, and an augmented police presence.
The Embassy will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary. While most protests remain peaceful, large crowds confronted by police or anti-riot forces may turn violent rapidly.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates on demonstration and security conditions.
- Exercise caution near large gatherings or protests.
- Plan alternative travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- For emergency assistance, contact the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy using the information below.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter