Event: Demonstrations on Saturday, November 21, 2020
The U.S. Embassy is aware of demonstrations resulting in vandalism and/or clashes with the police in several places throughout Bogotá to include the following:
- Avenida Chile and Carrera 11
- Calle 26 and Carrera 30
- Carrera 7 and Calle 72
U.S. citizens should expect traffic delays and potential road blockages in the areas of protests.
The Embassy will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates on demonstration and security conditions.
- Exercise caution near large gatherings or protests.
- Plan alternative travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- For emergency assistance, contact the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy using the information below.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter