Event: Demonstrations in Colombia on November 25, 2021
The U.S. Embassy is aware of demonstration activities planned for tomorrow, November 25, 2021, throughout Colombia.
Demonstrations and marches, which may affect travel and could turn violent, are expected in the following locations in Bogotá:
- Transmileno stations in Americas, Suba Bosa and Universidad Nacional, Pedagogica and Distrital
Possible marches are expected from the following points to Plaza de Bolivar:
- Universidad Pedagogica
- Universidad Nacional
- Parque Nacional
- Parque Ciudad Jardin
In Cartagena, demonstrations are expected to originate in Municipalities in Bolivar and move toward the city with stops at the toll in Turbaco, the Bolivar Governor’s office, Colegio Departmental Nuestra Senora, Plazoleta de Chambacu, Plaza del la Paz and into the Walled City.
Demonstrations and marches are also expected in Barranquilla, Barrancabermeja, Cali, Cucuta, Guajira, Ibague, Medellin, and Monteria.
Exact routes for all demonstrations and marches are subject to change. You may encounter disturbances, traffic detours, and delays associated with these events.
While most protests remain peaceful, large crowds confronted by police or anti-riot forces may turn violent rapidly. If you require assistance, please contact us at the phone number and/or email provided below.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Plan for alternative travel routes or remain in place if travel becomes difficult.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
Tel.+57-1-275-2000 or 601-275-2000
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter