Event: Demonstrations in Bogotá on September 13, 2021
The U.S. Embassy is aware of ongoing demonstration activities in Bogotá at Calle 84 and Carrera 18, on September 13, 2021. Demonstrations may affect travel and could turn violent.
Exact routes for all demonstrations and marches are subject to change. You may encounter disturbances, traffic detours, and delays associated with these events.
While most protests remain peaceful, large crowds confronted by police or anti-riot forces may turn violent rapidly. If you require assistance, please contact us at the phone number and/or email provided below.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Plan for alternative travel routes or remain in place if travel becomes difficult.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter