Event: Demonstrations on June 2
The U.S. Embassy is aware of planned demonstration activities throughout Bogota on June 2, 2021. Events are expected from early morning until evening at numerous locations in the city, including:
- Parque Nacional (Carrera 7 and Calle 34)
- Monumento de los Heroes (Calle 80 and Autopista Norte)
- Universidad Nacional
- Portal de las Americas
- Universidad Pedagogica
- Plazoleta El Rosario
Traffic may be adversely affected, with unexpected road closures throughout the city. Expect frequent delays and detours.
We are monitoring the protests and will provide relevant information as needed. While most protests remain peaceful, large crowds confronted by police or anti-riot forces may turn violent rapidly. If you need assistance, please contact us by phone or email; see details below.
Additionally, be advised that nationwide demonstrations continue to impact other parts of Colombia not addressed in this notice. Please monitor local media reports.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
Colombia is at a Level 4 Travel Advisory due to COVID-19. Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter