Event: The Embassy is monitoring reports of possible student protests in Bogota on October 31 at the following locations:
- Universidad Nacional (Calle 26 and Carrera 32)
- Universidad Pedagogica (Calle72 and Carrera 11)
- Universidad Javeriana (Carrera 7 and Calle 40)
- Colegio Mayor de Cundinamarca (Calle 28 #5b-02)
- Universidad Distrital Vivero (Carrera 5 # 15-82)
- Universidad Distrital Macarena (Carrera 3 and Calle 26)
- Significant traffic disruptions may occur.
The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid areas around demonstrations/protests/marches whenever possible and exercise caution when in the vicinity of large gatherings as even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to turn violent without any warning.
If you require assistance, please contact us at the phone number and/or email provided below.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise vigilance.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Plan for alternative travel routes.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
Tel. +57-1-275-2000 or 601-275-2000
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter