The U.S. Embassy is monitoring ongoing protest activity outside its main entrance (Gate 2) at Carrera 45 #24B-27, Bogota. U.S. citizens seeking emergency services should use the Gate 1 entrance at Calle 24bis #48-50.
The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid areas around demonstrations whenever possible and exercise caution when in the vicinity of large gatherings as even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to turn violent without any warning.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise vigilance.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Plan for alternative travel routes.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, ColombiaTel. +email@example.com://co.usembassy.gov/
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquillaconagencybarranquilla@state.gov
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter