Location: Bogota and Countrywide
Event: The Embassy is aware of potential protests in Bogota on Thursday, April 28, 2023, at the following locations:
U.S. Embassy Bogota
- National University
- Fiscalia Building
- Pedagogical University
- Distrital University
- Transmilenio Portal Americas
- Transmilenio Portal Suba
Protests may also occur in other cities throughout Colombia. The demonstrations will commemorate the two-year anniversary of “el Paro Nacional,” large-scale protests that occurred in 2021, some of which turned violent and resulted in clashes between protesters and security forces.
The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid areas around demonstrations/protests/marches whenever possible and exercise caution when in the vicinity of large gatherings as even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to turn violent without any warning. If you require assistance, please contact us at the phone number and/or email provided below.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Plan for alternative travel routes or remain in place if travel becomes difficult.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia Tel. +57-1-275-2000 or 601-275-2000 firstname.lastname@example.org https://co.usembassy.gov/
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
- 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444