Event: The Embassy is aware of violent protest activity outside the National University at Avenida NQS and Calle 45. Police have closed some streets in the area due to this protest.
The Embassy advises U.S. citizens to avoid areas around demonstrations/protests/
The U.S. Department of State advises citizens to reconsider travel to Colombia due to crime and terrorism, and to exercise increased caution in Colombia due to civil unrest and kidnapping. The full Travel Advisory for Colombia can be found here.
If you require assistance, please contact us at the phone number and/or email provided below.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid protest areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Exercise vigilance.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Plan for alternative travel routes or remain in place if travel becomes difficult.
U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates