Event: COVID-19 Update and Quarantine Restrictions
COVID-19 Health Update and Quarantine Restrictions: According to the Colombian Ministry of Health, there are 3,977 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Colombia as of April 20. As per our April 15th message, gender-based restrictions on mobility in Bogota went into effect on Monday, April 13. On the night of April 20, President Duque announced that the isolation measures in Colombia would be extended through May 11. International flights will remain grounded through the end of May with the exception of cargo and humanitarian flights as defined by the government. Domestic flights within Colombia remain restricted to respond to health, public order, state operation, or humanitarian circumstances. Travel between municipalities within Colombia also remains heavily restricted. Mass transportation systems will operate within strict protocols, and will not be allowed to have an occupancy of more than 35%.
Presidencial decrees to enact these rules are forthcoming and may provide additional guidance.
For additional information as well as updates on all actions taken by the Government of Colombia regarding COVID-19, please see https://coronaviruscolombia.gov.co/Covid19/index.html. For updates on the status of entry-exit information, quarantine, and important links regarding COVID-19 resources in Colombia, you may also refer to https://co.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/resources-covid19/.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter