Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? Yes
- As of May 1, 2022, visitors to Colombia ages 18 or older must provide proof of complete vaccination for entry or a negative COVID test (48 hours in advance of travel for an antigen test or 72 hours in advance of travel for a PCR test). Travelers should be prepared to show their original, physical vaccination card or digital certificate both at airline check-in and when passing through Colombian Immigration. The vaccination document must include the individual’s full name, date of vaccination, name of the vaccine administered, and the number of doses administered. A photo of one’s vaccination card may not be accepted. If you completed your vaccination scheme within 14 days before entry to Colombia you will also need to have an antigen test 48 hours prior to arrival or a PCR test 72 hours prior to arrival in Colombia.
- Travelers must complete Migración Colombia’s online Check-Mig form within 72 hours of boarding an inbound or outbound flight from Colombia.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes, in certain situations
- For visitors ages 18 and older who do not have a complete vaccination scheme at least14 days before arriving in Colombia are required to show a negative antigen test from no more than 48 hours prior to their initial departure to Colombia or a PCR test from no more than 72 hours prior to their initial departure to Colombia. For more information, please see official guidance from the Colombian Ministry of Health.
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Colombia? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within one calendar day? Yes
- You must pay for your own test. Neither the Colombian government nor the U.S. Embassy will pay for COVID-19 tests. The average cost of testing varies widely, from about 100,000 Colombian pesos for an antigen test to as much as 300,000 Colombian pesos for a PCR test.
- Test results will often be sent by email or text message.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Colombia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Colombia? The Colombian government’s regulatory authority has granted emergency use authorization for the Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Sinovac, Moderna, and Zifivax vaccines.
- For more information, see the Colombian government’s National Strategic Plan for COVID-19 Vaccines, for COVID-19 Vaccines, which includes a phased rollout plan. Foreign residents registered under Colombia’s health care system can receive a vaccine when eligible. Please consult the Mi Vacuna platform to check your eligibility. ·
- Visit the FDA’s website learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Colombian Ministry of Health
- Other links:
- Is a curfew in place? No.
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
Fines for Non-Compliance
- Colombian authorities will enforce regulations related to COVID-19, and U.S. citizens could be subject to detention, fines, or arrest if out of compliance.