Event: Humanitarian Flight from Cartagena to Fort Lauderdale on April 15 – Operated by Spirit Airlines
Only limited availability remains on the April 15 humanitarian flight operated by Spirit Airlines. The flight departs from Rafael Núñez International Airport (CTG) in Cartagena.
*The April 15 Bogota – Fort Lauderdale flight is sold out as well as the April 16 Cali-Medellin-Fort Lauderdale flight.
This flight has been made available to allow U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents to return to the United States. Please contact Spirit Airlines directly for seat availability, reservations, and pricing information.
THE FLIGHT CAN ONLY BE BOOKED ONLINE.
If you are interested in returning to the United States, please take advantage of this flight. The U.S. government cannot guarantee the ability to arrange flights indefinitely. U.S. citizens should return immediately to the United States, unless you are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
If you purchase a ticket on one of these flights, and encounter difficulties traveling to the airport from your location, please contact us at ColombiaEvac@state.gov or (57) 1 275-2000. While we cannot vouch for any one particular transportation company, previous evacuees have had success contracting private drivers and bus companies to take them to the major cities for their flight. Possible options can be found on our resource page. If you believe you will have difficulty reaching the airport due to travel restrictions, please provide us with your travel information (name, date of birth, passport number, and contact details).
|SPIRIT AIRLINES FLIGHT NUMBER||ORIGIN||DEPARTURE (LOCAL TIME)||DESTINATION||ARRIVAL (LOCAL TIME)||DATE|
Due to current travel guidelines in the United States, persons who have been in China, Iran, or certain European countries within 14 days prior to the flight will not be allowed to board this flight. For more information, please click here.
Onward connections from Fort Lauderdale, Florida are available.
Only support animals registered 48 hours in advance in full compliance with Spirit’s normal policy for support animals will be permitted. For more information, refer to Spirit Airlines support animal policy.
Normal services (food service, water fountains, etc.) at airports are closed.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter