The city government of Bogota declared a citywide curfew beginning at 9pm, Friday, November 22, until 6am Saturday. Bars, restaurants, and other public locations will be closed starting at 9pm. U.S. citizens should remain inside their residence after this time. Colombian National Police will enforce the curfew and anyone outside their residence after 9pm may be subject to detention or arrest.
Actions to Take:
* Monitor local media for updates on demonstrations and security conditions.
* Avoid areas of demonstrations.
* Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
* Plan for alternative travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
* For emergency assistance, contact the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy using the information below.
U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Colombia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates