Location: Bogotá, Cali, Cartagena, Medellin
Event: New Humanitarian Flights from Medellin (May 13), Bogotá (May 16), Cartagena (May 17), and Cali (May 18) to Fort Lauderdale – Operated by Spirit Airlines
The U.S. Embassy is pleased to announce Spirit Airlines will operate four additional humanitarian flights. One flight will depart on May 13 from José María Córdova International Airport (MDE) in Medellin. A second flight will depart on May 16 from El Dorado International Airport (BOG) in Bogotá. A third flight will depart on May 17 from Rafael Núñez International Airport (CTG) in Cartagena. The fourth flight will depart on May 18 from Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport (CLO) in Cali. All flights arrive at Fort Lauderdale – Hollywood International Airport (FLL) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
These flights have been made available to allow U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents to return to the United States. Please contact Spirit Airlines directly for seat availability, reservations, and pricing information.
THESE FLIGHTS CAN ONLY BE BOOKED ONLINE.
If you are interested in returning to the United States, please take advantage of these flights. The U.S. government cannot guarantee the ability to arrange flights indefinitely. U.S. citizens should return immediately to the United States, unless you are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
If you purchase a ticket on one of these flights, and encounter difficulties traveling to the airport from your location, please contact us at ColombiaEvac@state.gov or (57) 1 275-2000. We have received reports that taxis and bus companies continue to operate, albeit at reduced and limited schedules. If you are located outside of either Bogotá or Cartagena, and believe you will have difficulty reaching the airport due to travel restrictions, please provide us with your travel information (name, passport number, what flight you have reservations on) and, if applicable, information about your driver (name, cedula, vehicle make/model and license plate number), as well as the route of ground transport – starting point, destination, stops.
|SPIRIT AIRLINES FLIGHT NUMBER||ORIGIN||DEPARTURE (LOCAL TIME)||DESTINATION||ARRIVAL (LOCAL TIME)||DATE|
Due to current travel guidelines in the United States, persons who have been in China, Iran, or certain European countries within 14 days prior to the flight will not be allowed to board this flight. For more information, please click here.
Onward connections from Fort Lauderdale, Florida are available.
Only support animals registered 48 hours in advance in full compliance with Spirit’s normal policy for support animals will be permitted. For more information, refer to Spirit Airlines support animal policy.
Normal services (food service, water fountains, etc.) at airports are closed.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter