Event: Isolation Measures in Medellín
Isolation Measures in Medellín: The Medellín Mayor’s office announced a period of rolling isolation measures for the next 20 days beginning Friday, July 17. The first period of strict measures begins Friday, July 17 and ends Monday, July 20. Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds in Medellín have reportedly exceeded 75 percent occupancy. For more information on measures specific to Medellín, please visit the Mayor’s website.
Visit the website of the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Colombia’s Coronavirus Information Page for additional information on nation-wide COVID-19 prevention and containment measures and to register your contact and travel information.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter