Location: Bogota, Colombia
Event: Expected Demonstrations in Bogota on Monday, September 7, 2020
The national strike committee of Colombia released an official statement encouraging a labor march on Monday, September 7. Demonstrations are expected to begin at 10:00 am and will likely continue throughout the day as laborers march from Parque Nacional to the Ministry of Labor located near Calle 100 and Carrera 14.
The Embassy will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as necessary. While most protests remain peaceful, large crowds confronted by police or anti-riot forces may turn violent rapidly.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates on demonstration and security conditions.
- Exercise caution near large gatherings or protests.
- Plan alternative travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- For emergency assistance, contact the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy using the information below.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla email@example.com
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs 1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter