Event: Evacuation Flight on Wednesday, April 1
The U.S. Embassy, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Defense, has organized an evacuation flight for U.S. citizens from El Dorado Airport in Bogota to Eglin Air Force Base in Destin, FL. The flight will depart Bogota on Wednesday, April 1 at approximately 1:10pm. In addition to U.S. citizens, U.S. Legal Permanent Residents traveling with a U.S. citizen family member (spouse, child, or parent) will also be allowed to board. The flight is operated by the U.S. Government.
If you submitted your data previously, you do not need to resubmit it now – we still have your information and will contact you should space become available. If you have not already registered your interest in evacuation options previously and would like to be considered for a seat on this flight, fill out this form (http://tinyurl.com/BGTRepat) as soon as possible. Frequently Asked Questions are available here. Please do not call the U.S. Embassy to place your name on the list for this evacuation flight unless you have no other way to access the webpage to complete the form. Please do not call the Embassy to ask if we received your information; if you clicked submit, we received your information. Flight departure time and destination within the United States are subject to change without notice.
- IF YOU ARE ALREADY CONFIRMED FOR ANOTHER U.S. GOVERNMENT EVACUATION FLIGHT, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS FLIGHT.
- You will receive written notification via email if you are offered a seat on this flight. Due to the nationwide quarantine, print the notification to carry with you to travel to the airport to present to authorities.
- Onward travel from Eglin Air Force Base (Destin), Florida, is the responsibility of the traveler.
- Each passenger will be allowed two pieces of luggage, not to exceed 50 pounds each, in addition to a small personal item.
- Pets, with the exception of documented service animals, will not be allowed.
- Normal services at El Dorado Airport are closed.
- We suggest travelers carry additional cash to cover any unexpected expenses.
If you are scheduled on a flight, we urge you to do everything you can to follow the instructions we will provide and to arrive on time. We know that moving from place to place has become frustratingly difficult, given the extraordinary public health measures now in place; let us know as early as you can about difficulties you encounter. We’ll do everything we can to help. Some people have decided to stay in Colombia or make other arrangements. If you decide to stay, please let us know immediately at ColombiaEvac@state.gov or calling +57-1-275-2000.
If you’re scheduled on a flight and decide not to fly, then we’re left with an empty seat that could have gone to someone in need. We are working hard to bring you all home.
Continue to monitor the Embassy website and social media accounts for any updates. Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program at step.state.gov to receive email updates from the Embassy.