Location: Colombia, countrywide
Event: Earlier this week the National Liberation Army (ELN) announced a National Armed Strike throughout Colombia from February 14th through the 17th. The Government of Colombia is implementing preventive security measures in various cities throughout the country in order to address this planned event.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates on demonstrations and security conditions.
- Avoid areas of demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Plan for alternative travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
- For emergency assistance, contact the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy using the information below.
U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
After-hours emergencies +57-1-275-4021
U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Colombia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter