Multiple sources are reporting an ongoing protest at the Parque Naccional (Cra. 7 and Calle 34). Police have deployed tear gas to disperse protestors. U.S. citizens may encounter heavy traffic and increased police presence in the area.
Actions to Take:
* Monitor local media for updates on demonstrations and security conditions.
* Avoid areas of demonstrations.
* Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
* Plan for alternative travel routes or remain in place if planned travel is inhibited.
* For emergency assistance, contact the Consular Section at the U.S. Embassy using the information below.
U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.