Event: Cancellation of March 30 Evacuation Flight
It is with profound regret that we inform you the March 30 evacuation flight for U.S. citizens NO LONGER HAS SEAT AVAILABILITY due to a complication with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement. We know that this last minute cancellation creates exceptional hardship for U.S. citizens and their families planning to take this flight, particularly those who had traveled to Bogota. The loss of seating was a surprise to the U.S. Embassy, and we are working to find alternatives. Please monitor your email, the U.S. Embassy website, and social media for further updates. As of this message, we do not know if any seats will be available to evacuate U.S. citizens. All previously confirmed seats for this flight are cancelled. Should the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency make a few seats available, they will be allocated to U.S. citizens who are particularly vulnerable during this health emergency.
We will not have any new information until morning.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Colombia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bogota, Colombia
- U.S. Consular Agency, Barranquilla
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Colombia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter